|author||joey <joey>||2002-01-06 04:58:07 +0000|
|committer||joey <joey>||2002-01-06 04:58:07 +0000|
r501: * Began work on v4 support (and thus the large version number jump), and it
is only for the very brave right now since I will unhesitatingly break compatability in v4 mode as I'm developing it. Currently, updating to v4 mode will only make dh_makeshlibs -V generate shared library deps that omit the debian part of the version number. The reasoning behind this change is that the debian revision should not typically break binary compatability, that existing use of -V is causing too tight versioned deps, and that if you do need to include the debian revision for some reason, you can always write it out by hand. Closes: #101497 * dh_testversion is deprecated -- use build deps instead. A warning message is now output when it runs. Currently used by: 381 packages. * dh_installxaw is deprecated -- xaw-wrappers in no longer in the distribution. A warning message is now output when it runs. Currently used by: 3 packages (bugs filed). * Added referneces to menufile in dh_installmenu man page. Closes: #127978 (dh_make is not a part of debhelper, if you want it changed, file a bug on dh-make.)
Diffstat (limited to 'doc')
1 files changed, 19 insertions, 8 deletions
@@ -53,21 +53,32 @@ Wishlist items:
* Add a switch to dh_installdeb to allow it to do user defined
substitutions. OTOH, maybe it's better if people just sed
postinst.in before debhelper gets it's hands on it... (#25235)
+* dh_installdocs needs -X support, which probably means going with tar
+ instead of cp -a. Ugh.
+These items are part of v4 already:
+* dhmakeshlibs -V omits the debian part of the version number from the
+ generated dependancy in the shlibs file
+These items are planned:
+* Maybe make dh_fixperms make all files in bin/ dirs +x. (#119039)
* DH_COMPAT 1. Can be removed once all packages are seen to be using 2 or
higher. I won't hold my breath.
-* Also, grep the entire archive for all dh_* command lines, and check to
- see what other switches are not being used, and maybe remove some of
- them. I'd also like to depercate/remove debian/compress files, -X is
+* Also, grep the entire archive for all dh_* command lines (I do this now),
+ and check to see what other switches are not being used, and maybe remove
+ some of them. I'd also like to depercate/remove debian/compress files, -X is
a better idea.
* dh_suidregister. Once nothing in the archive uses it.
* dh_installmanpages. Only mildly deprecated right now. Once dh_installman
catches on, make it emit a warning, and then wait for it to go away.
-* dh_testversion. Only mildly deprecated right now. Make it emit a warning
- by jan 2002, and remove as soon as nothing uses it.
+* dh_testversion. Remove as soon as nothing uses it.
* dh_installxaw. xaw replacments are dying, nothing uses it validly (bugs
- filed on the few packages that use it by accident). Make it omit a
- warning by jan 2002 and remove as soon as nothing uses it, or by april
+ filed on the few packages that use it by accident). Remove as soon as
+ nothing uses it, or by april 2002.