|author||Joey Hess <email@example.com>||2010-05-27 21:16:26 -0400|
|committer||Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2010-05-27 21:16:26 -0400|
In v8 mode, dh expects the sequence to run is always its first parameter.
This avoids ambiguities when parsing options to be passed on to debhelper commands. (See #570039) In the end, the idea of putting the debhelper command options after -- seemed to need too much knowledge about whether an option like --buildsystem is a dh option or a command option. I did consider making no change.. The ambiguities this eliminates are small. But it seemed worth simplifying dh's option parser, and only about 1/6th of calls to dh in the archive don't put the sequence first already. (Docs have shown that as the right thing to do for some time.)
Diffstat (limited to 'doc')
1 files changed, 2 insertions, 6 deletions
@@ -1,15 +1,11 @@
-* clean up dh's handling of options passed onto commands it calls,
- by implementing one of the changes discussed in #570039
- (either change #3, change #4, or change #5; change #0 was done, but
- was an incomplete workaround)
- My preference ATM is #3, require dh options come before --,
- and after, options to be passed on to commands.
* better package arch filtering for -N , -p (#576990)
* Support DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=debug ; maybe also support passing
-g -O2 by default. See patch (and discussion of why this breaks
compatability) in #544844.
+* Reorder build systems list. perl_build before perl_makemaker.
+ Any other changes? #578805