Diffstat (limited to 'doc/TODO')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 19 deletions
@@ -1,30 +1,17 @@
-This is the TODO for debhelper. As more and more people use debhelper, this
-list grows - I welcome patches to fix items on it!
-* escaping in config files (for whitespace)?
-* make dh_install use hard links for efficiency (maybe?)
-* dh_installinit --restart-after-upgrade as default?
-* #487006: dh_installman with 3-letter codes
-* apply patch in #557603 (breaks compatibility slightly; see #560120)
-* clean up dh's handling of options passed onto commands it calls,
- by implementing one of the changes discussed in #570039
- (either change #3, change #4, or change #5; change #0 was done, but
- was an incomplete workaround)
-* better package arch filtering for -N , -p (#576990)
* Support DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=debug ; maybe also support passing
-g -O2 by default. See patch (and discussion of why this breaks
compatability) in #544844.
+* escaping in config files (for whitespace)?
+* dh_installinit --restart-after-upgrade as default?
* DH_COMPAT 1, 2, 3, 4. Can be removed once all packages are seen to be using
- a newer version. I won't hold my breath. Now with evil warning messages
+ a newer version. I won't hold my breath. (2 and 3 are getting close though.)
* dh_suidregister. Once nothing in the archive uses it.
-* dh_testversion. Remove as soon as nothing uses it.
* dh_movefiles. I won't hold my breath. Have not added deprecation
docs or message yet.
@@ -37,8 +24,9 @@ Deprecated:
* delsubstvar() and the last parameter to addsubstvar that makes it remove
a string are not used in debhelper itself, but have been left in the
library in case other things use them. Deprecate and remove.
+* dh --before , --after , --until , --remaining (not formally deprecated yet)
+* debian/compress files
Also, grep the entire archive for all dh_* command lines,
and check to see what other switches are not being used, and maybe remove
-some of them. I'd also like to deprecate/remove debian/compress files, -X is
-a better idea.
+some of them.