turn on by default for fear of breaking backwards compatability:
- dh_makeshlibs makes the postinst/postrm call ldconfig. Closes: #77154
Patch from Masato Taruishi <email@example.com> (modified). If you
use this, be sure dh_makeshlibs runs before dh_installdeb; many
old rules files have the ordering backwards.
- dh_installdeb now causes all files in /etc to be registered as
- debian/README is now supported: it is treated exactly like
debian/README.Debian. Either file is installed as README.Debian in
non-native packages, and now as just README in native packages.
* This is really only the start of the changes for v3, so use with
* dh_du has finally been removed. It has been deprecated for ages, and
a grep of the archive shows that nothing is using it except biss-awt
and scsh. I filed bugs on both almost exactly a year ago. Those bugs
should now be raised to severity important..
* --number option (to dh_installemacsen) is removed. It has been
deprecated for a while and nothing uses it. Use --priority instead.