blob: 0a7354ffc263c8a89cef1853d7ba1ba234264510 (plain
This is the TODO for debhelper. As more and more people use debhelper, this
list grows - I welcome patches to fix items on it!
* All debhelper programs should only accept the options they are documented
to accept (rather than accepting all debhelper options). This is mostly a
matter of moving command-specific options out of Dh_Getopt and into the
individial command's calls to init(). (#112349)
* escaping in config files (for whitespace)?
* make dh_install use hard links for efficiency
* dh_installinit --restart-after-upgrade as default?
* #487006: dh_installman with 3-letter codes
* DH_COMPAT 1, 2, 3. Can be removed once all packages are seen to be using
a newer version. I won't hold my breath. Now with evil warning messages
* Also, grep the entire archive for all dh_* command lines,
and check to see what other switches are not being used, and maybe remove
some of them. I'd also like to deprecate/remove debian/compress files, -X is
a better idea.
* dh_suidregister. Once nothing in the archive uses it.
* dh_testversion. Remove as soon as nothing uses it.
* dh_movefiles. I won't hold my breath.
* debconf-mergetemplates support and the debian/template.ll files and the
* dh_installinit --init-script
* dh_clean -k (make it warn)