blob: b21e60b3995a584f0924bf0acf2f7ebb79a7c196 (plain
This is the TODO for debhelper. As more and more people use debhelper, this
list grows - I welcome patches to fix items on it!
* escaping in config files (for whitespace)?
* make dh_install use hard links for efficiency
* dh_installinit --restart-after-upgrade as default?
* #487006: dh_installman with 3-letter codes
* DH_COMPAT 1, 2, 3, 4. Can be removed once all packages are seen to be using
a newer version. I won't hold my breath. Now with evil warning messages
* Also, grep the entire archive for all dh_* command lines,
and check to see what other switches are not being used, and maybe remove
some of them. I'd also like to deprecate/remove debian/compress files, -X is
a better idea.
* dh_suidregister. Once nothing in the archive uses it.
* dh_testversion. Remove as soon as nothing uses it.
* dh_movefiles. I won't hold my breath.
* dh_installinit --init-script
* dh_clean -k (make it warn)
* Convert warning about unknown command-line options back to an error.
Need to wait a while (from Oct 2008) to ensure that most rules files
that pass unknown options to commands are fixed.