blob: b0b0b5bcd44f4791902cf6d5ed493f4d89de0c0b (plain
This is the TODO for debhelper. As more and more people use debhelper, this
list grows - I welcome patches to fix items on it!
* escaping in config files (for whitespace)?
* make dh_install use hard links for efficiency
* dh_installinit --restart-after-upgrade as default?
* #487006: dh_installman with 3-letter codes
* apply patch in #557603 (breaks compatability slightly; see #560120)
* clean up dh's handling of options passed onto commands it calls,
either by requiring they come after -- , or by one of the other
changes discussed in #570039
* DH_COMPAT 1, 2, 3, 4. Can be removed once all packages are seen to be using
a newer version. I won't hold my breath. Now with evil warning messages
* Also, grep the entire archive for all dh_* command lines,
and check to see what other switches are not being used, and maybe remove
some of them. I'd also like to deprecate/remove debian/compress files, -X is
a better idea.
* dh_suidregister. Once nothing in the archive uses it.
* dh_testversion. Remove as soon as nothing uses it.
* dh_movefiles. I won't hold my breath. Have not added deprecation
docs or message yet.
* dh_installinit --init-script (make it warn)
* dh_clean -k (make it warn (need to make alien not use it 1st!))
* Convert warning about unknown command-line options back to an error.
Need to wait a while (from Oct 2008) to ensure that most rules files
that pass unknown options to commands are fixed.
* dh_desktop, dh_scrollkeeper. Remove eventually..
* -s flag, not formally deprecated yet; remove eventually
* -u flag; add a warning on use and remove eventually
* delsubstvar() and the last parameter to addsubstvar that makes it remove
a string are not used in debhelper itself, but have been left in the
library in case other things use them. Deprecate and remove.