blob: 6dc1a65a3d2ea735d4d6b7b382d46dbde04e4b65 (plain
The Roboto build toolchain depends on:
- FontTools (https://github.com/behdad/fonttools)
- RoboFab (https://github.com/robofab-developers/robofab)
- An expanded version of Tal Leming's feaTools (https://github.com/jamesgk/feaTools/tree/expanded)
Overlap removal depends on the "booleanOperations" (https://github.com/typemytype/booleanOperations) library, which is included in `scripts/lib/`. You may need to replace its `pyclipper.so` with `pyclipper-MAC.so` or `pyclipper-LINUX.so`, depending on your platform, or compile the cpp wrapper yourself according to the instructions found on GitHub.
### OTF Generation
OTF generation depends on:
- ufo2fdk (https://github.com/typesupply/ufo2fdk)
- Open-source portions of the AFDKO (https://github.com/adobe-type-tools/afdko/releases)
The AFDKO from GitHub can be time consuming to setup. It is easier to just use the variety which includes closed-source tools (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/opentype/afdko.html), though these closed-source portions are not used to build Roboto.
### TTF Generation
TTF generation depends on:
- FontForge (https://github.com/fontforge/fontforge)
Whose Python interface should be availabe on Ubuntu by default via `apt-get install fontforge` and `apt-get install python-fontforge`.