[[!comment format=mdwn username="http://joeyh.name/" nickname="joey" subject="comment 1" date="2013-04-23T21:41:31Z" content=""" This is a lot of stuff. It would be better to file individual detailed bug reports if you want any of this looked at in depth. Otherwise, I just read it to get an impression of how things are working, or not, for you, and try to hit some of the main points: * The OSX app icon behavior is probably because OSX does not realize that this is supposed to be a daemon. I don't know how to fix that. Clicking on the app icon is supposed to launch the web app, and has been reported to do so by others. I have no access to an OSX desktop. * Transfer repositories only keep files that have not yet reached all your client repositories. However, it's possible that files may be uploaded to a transfer repository unnecessarily (if there is some other path for the file to get to the other client repositories, ie if you've locally paired them). In this case, the file will be uploaded and then later removed from the transfer repository, without being used. * I have never seen encrypted filenames appear in the webapp. I don't see how that could happen TBH. * git-annex logs information to `.git/annex/debug.log` within your repository. You can go to Configuration -> Preferences to enable additional debug logging. I absolutely need these logs to help debug almost any problems with the assistant. * \"Clicking a couple of hundred play buttons\" could result in it trying to make a couple of hundred uploads to box.com at the same time. This is probably not a good idea. * The fragment of log you posted shows me some problem that caused gpg to fail to encrypt a file before sending it to somewhere, but it's lacking all context (and starts when the file transfer is already 87% complete!) so I can't say more. I need to see the whole log to make any informed guesses about what might be going on. """]]