blob: 321b8bef4fae8f9149295103ba9a55e8a5b6aa70 (plain
Subject: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 3.1.2 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux
I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 3.1.2
It is available at the usual places:
and via git at
This is a bugfix/stability release over 3.1.1.
Significant changes are:
- The default metadata has change again (sorry about that).
It is now v1.2 and will hopefully stay that way. It turned
out there with boot-block issues with v1.1 which make it
unsuitable for a default, though in many cases it is still
suitable to use.
- Stopping a container is not permitted when members are still
- Add 'homehost' to the valid words for the "AUTO" config file
line. When followed by "-all", this causes mdadm to
auto-assemble any array belonging to this host, but not
auto-assemble anything else.
- Fix some bugs with "--grow --chunksize=" for changing chunksize.
- VAR_RUN can be easily changed at compile time just like ALT_RUN.
This gives distros more flexability in how to manage the
pid and sock files that mdmon needs.
- Various mdmon fixes
- Alway make bitmap 4K-aligned if at all possible.
- If mdadm.conf lists arrays which have inter-dependencies,
the previously had to be listed in the "right" order. Now
any order should work.
- Fix --force assembly of v1.x arrays which are in the process
- Add section on 'scrubbing' to 'md' man page.
- Various command-line-option parsing improvements.
- ... and lots of other bug fixes.
This release is believed to be stable and you should feel free to
upgrade to 3.1.2
NeilBrown 10th March 2010