blob: c157a36aa6367a6b36719fd4668e3de9272961e8 (plain
Subject: ANNOUNCE: mdadm 3.1.4 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux
I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 3.1.4
It is available at the usual places:
and via git at
This is a bugfix/stability release over 3.1.3.
3.1.3 had a couple of embarrasing regressions and a couple of other
issues surfaces which had easy fixes so I decided to make a 3.1.4
release after all.
Two fixes related to configs that aren't using udev:
- Don't remove md devices which 'standard' names on --stop
- Allow dev_open to work on read-only /dev
And fixed regressions:
- Allow --incremental to add spares to an array
- Accept --no-degraded as a deprecated option rather than
throwing an error
- Return correct success status when --incrmental assembling
a container which does not yet have enough devices.
- Don't link mdadm with pthreads, only mdmon needs it.
- Fix compiler warning due to bad use of snprintf
- Fix spare migration
This release is believed to be stable and you should feel free to
upgrade to 3.1.4
It is expected that the next release will be 3.2 with a number of new
NeilBrown 31st August 2010