|author||Tomas Mraz <email@example.com>||2008-02-21 21:12:30 +0000|
|committer||Tomas Mraz <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2008-02-21 21:12:30 +0000|
Relevant BUGIDs: rhbz#433459
Purpose of commit: bugfix Commit summary: --------------- 2008-02-21 Tomas Mraz <email@example.com> * libpam/pam_audit.c (_pam_audit_writelog): Silence syslog message on non-error return. * modules/pam_unix/unix_chkpwd.c (main): Proceed as unprivileged user when checking password of another user. * modules/pam_unix/unix_update.c: Fix comment.
Diffstat (limited to 'modules/pam_unix/unix_update.c')
1 files changed, 6 insertions, 5 deletions
diff --git a/modules/pam_unix/unix_update.c b/modules/pam_unix/unix_update.c
index 595b7f8b..f54a59ce 100644
@@ -1,11 +1,12 @@
- * This program is designed to run setuid(root) or with sufficient
- * privilege to read all of the unix password databases. It is designed
- * to provide a mechanism for the current user (defined by this
- * process' uid) to verify their own password.
+ * This program is designed to run with sufficient privilege
+ * to read and write all of the unix password databases.
+ * Its purpose is to allow updating the databases when
+ * SELinux confinement of the caller domain prevents them to
+ * do that themselves.
* The password is read from the standard input. The exit status of
- * this program indicates whether the user is authenticated or not.
+ * this program indicates whether the password was updated or not.
* Copyright information is located at the end of the file.