Diffstat (limited to 'modules/pam_lastlog/README')
1 files changed, 47 insertions, 20 deletions
diff --git a/modules/pam_lastlog/README b/modules/pam_lastlog/README
index 0adc118b..9f6c5505 100644
@@ -1,30 +1,57 @@
-pam_lastlogin: The last login module
+pam_lastlog — PAM module to display date of last login
-This module can be used as session entry to provide a `Last login on ...'
-message. When the user logs into the system from what ever application
-uses the PAM libraries. In addition, the module maintains the
-/var/log/lastlog file and the wtmp entry.
-The behavior of this module can be modified with one of the following
+pam_lastlog is a PAM module to display a line of information about the last
+login of the user. In addition, the module maintains the /var/log/lastlog file.
- * debug - write more information to syslog(3).
+Some applications may perform this function themselves. In such cases, this
+module is not necessary.
- * nodate - neglect to give the date of the last login when displaying
- information about the last login on the system.
- * noterm - neglect to diplay the terminal name on which the last
- login was attempt.
- * nohost - neglect to indicate from which host the last login was
+ Print debug information.
- * silent - neglect to inform the user about any previous login:
- just update the /var/log/lastlog file.
- * never - if the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old
- entries for the user, indicate that the user has never
- previously logged in with a ``welcome..." message.
+ Don't inform the user about any previous login, just upate the /var/log/
+ lastlog file.
+ If the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old entries for the user,
+ indicate that the user has never previously logged in with a welcome
+ Don't display the date of the last login.
+ Don't display the terminal name on which the last login was attempted.
+ Don't indicate from which host the last login was attempted.
+ Don't update the wtmp entry.
+Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to display the last login time of an
+ session required pam_lastlog.so nowtmp
+pam_lastlog was written by Andrew G. Morgan <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- * nowtmp - Don't update the wtmp entry.