Diffstat (limited to 'modules/pam_securetty/README')
1 files changed, 31 insertions, 7 deletions
diff --git a/modules/pam_securetty/README b/modules/pam_securetty/README
index 1df095c9..d4ee5f97 100644
@@ -1,9 +1,33 @@
- Allows root logins only if the user is logging in on a
- "secure" tty, as defined by the listing in /etc/securetty
+pam_securetty — Limit root login to special devices
- Also checks to make sure that /etc/securetty is a plain
- file and not world writable.
+pam_securetty is a PAM module that allows root logins only if the user is
+logging in on a "secure" tty, as defined by the listing in /etc/securetty.
+pam_securetty also checks to make sure that /etc/securetty is a plain file and
+not world writable.
+This module has no effect on non-root users and requires that the application
+fills in the PAM_TTY item correctly.
+For canonical usage, should be listed as a required authentication method
+before any sufficient authentication methods.
+ Print debug information.
+auth required pam_securetty.so
+auth required pam_unix.so
+pam_securetty was written by Elliot Lee <email@example.com>.
- - Elliot Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Red Hat Software.
- July 25, 1996.