blob: 0adc118b84aab25afb9a9f7374313defc78b1d2a (plain
pam_lastlogin: The last login module
This module can be used as session entry to provide a `Last login on ...'
message. When the user logs into the system from what ever application
uses the PAM libraries. In addition, the module maintains the
/var/log/lastlog file and the wtmp entry.
The behavior of this module can be modified with one of the following
* debug - write more information to syslog(3).
* nodate - neglect to give the date of the last login when displaying
information about the last login on the system.
* noterm - neglect to diplay the terminal name on which the last
login was attempt.
* nohost - neglect to indicate from which host the last login was
* silent - neglect to inform the user about any previous login:
just update the /var/log/lastlog file.
* never - if the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old
entries for the user, indicate that the user has never
previously logged in with a ``welcome..." message.
* nowtmp - Don't update the wtmp entry.