Diffstat (limited to 'changelog')
1 files changed, 21 insertions, 21 deletions
@@ -4680,7 +4680,7 @@ pandoc (0.46) unstable; urgency=low
HTML reader now uses rawHtmlBlock', which excludes </html> and </body>,
since these are handled in parseHtml. (Resolves Issue #38.)
- + Fixed bug (emph parser was looking for <IT> tag, not <I>).
+ + Fixed bug (emph parser was looking for `<IT>` tag, not `<I>`).
+ Don't interpret contents of style tags as markdown.
(Resolves Issue #40.)
@@ -4765,15 +4765,15 @@ pandoc (0.45) unstable; urgency=low
+ readTeXMath is now used for default HTML output in HTML, S5, RTF,
and Docbook, if no other method for displaying math in HTML is
specified. Enclosing $'s are no longer printed by default.
- + By default, math is put inside <span class="math">. This way it can be
+ + By default, math is put inside `<span class="math">`. This way it can be
distinguished from the surrounding text, e.g. put in a different
* New --gladtex and --mimetex options for display of math in HTML:
- + If --gladtex is specified, math is output between <eq> tags, so
+ + If --gladtex is specified, math is output between `<eq>` tags, so
it can be processed by gladTeX.
- + If --mimetex is specified, math is put in <img> tags with a link
+ + If --mimetex is specified, math is put in `<img>` tags with a link
to the mimetex CGI script (or any other script that takes TeX math
as input and outputs an image). The URL of the script may be
specified, but defaults to /cgi-bin/mimetex.cgi.
@@ -4787,13 +4787,13 @@ pandoc (0.45) unstable; urgency=low
+ Fixed bug: parser for minimized attributes should not swallow
+ Simplified HTML attribute parsing.
- + Changed parsing of code blocks in HTML reader: <code> tag is no
- longer needed. <pre> suffices. All HTML tags in the code block
+ + Changed parsing of code blocks in HTML reader: `<code>` tag is no
+ longer needed. `<pre>` suffices. All HTML tags in the code block
(e.g. for syntax highlighting) are skipped, because they are not
- portable to other output formats. A <code>...</code> block not
- surrounded by <pre> now counts as inline HTML, not a code block.
+ portable to other output formats. A `<code>...</code>` block not
+ surrounded by `<pre>` now counts as inline HTML, not a code block.
+ Remove just one leading and one trailing newline from contents of
- <pre>...</pre> in codeBlock parser.
+ `<pre>...</pre>` in codeBlock parser.
* Markdown reader:
@@ -5115,8 +5115,8 @@ pandoc (0.43) unstable; urgency=low
end code block with a nonindented line.)
+ Changed definition of 'emph': italics with '_' must not
be followed by an alphanumeric character. This is to help
- prevent interpretation of e.g. [LC_TYPE]: my_type as
+ prevent interpretation of e.g. `[LC_TYPE]: my_type` as
+ Improved Markdown.pl-compatibility in referenceLink: the two parts
of a reference-style link may be separated by one space, but not
more... [a] [link], [not] [a link].
@@ -5124,7 +5124,7 @@ pandoc (0.43) unstable; urgency=low
Markdown.pl: the marker for the end of the code section is a clump
of the same number of `'s with which the section began, followed
by a non-` character. So, for example,
- ` h ``` i ` -> <code>h ``` i</code>.
+ ` h ``` i ` -> `<code>h ``` i</code>`.
+ Split 'title' into 'linkTitle' and 'referenceTitle', since the
rules are slightly different.
+ Rewrote 'para' for greater efficiency.
@@ -5231,7 +5231,7 @@ pandoc (0.41) unstable; urgency=low
[ John MacFarlane ]
* Fixed bugs in HTML reader:
- + Skip material at end *only if* </html> is present (previously,
+ + Skip material at end *only if* `</html>` is present (previously,
only part of the document would be parsed if an error was
found; now a proper error message is given).
+ Added new constant eitherBlockOrInline with elements that may
@@ -5440,9 +5440,9 @@ pandoc (0.4) unstable; urgency=low
may cause documents to be parsed differently. Users should take
care in upgrading.
+ Changed autoLink parsing to conform better to Markdown.pl's
- behavior. <google.com> is not treated as a link, but
- <http://google.com>, <ftp://google.com>, and <mailto:email@example.com>
+ behavior. `<google.com>` is not treated as a link, but
+ `<http://google.com>`, `<ftp://google.com>`, and
+ `<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>` are.
+ Cleaned up handling of embedded quotes in link titles. Now these are
stored as a '"' character, not as '"'.
+ Use lookAhead parser for the 'first pass' (looking for reference keys),
@@ -5506,7 +5506,7 @@ pandoc (0.4) unstable; urgency=low
been removed, since they are written programatically. This change
introduces a new dependency on the xhtml package.
+ Fixed two bugs in email obfuscation involving improper escaping
- of '&' in the <noscript> section and in --strict mode. Resolves
+ of '&' in the `<noscript>` section and in `--strict` mode. Resolves
+ Fixed another bug in email obfuscation: If the text to be obfuscated
contains an entity, this needs to be decoded before obfuscation.
@@ -5538,8 +5538,8 @@ pandoc (0.4) unstable; urgency=low
+ Links in markdown output are now printed as inline links by default,
rather than reference links. A --reference-links option has been added
that forces links to be printed as reference links. Resolves Issue #4.
- + Use autolinks when possible. Instead of [site.com](site.com),
- use <site.com>.
+ + Use autolinks when possible. Instead of `[site.com](site.com)`,
+ use `<site.com>`.
* LaTeX writer:
@@ -5755,7 +5755,7 @@ pandoc (0.3) unstable; urgency=low
only non-alphanumeric characters can be escaped. Strict mode
follows Markdown.pl in only allowing a select group of punctuation
characters to be escaped.
- + Modified HTML reader to skip a newline following a <br> tag.
+ + Modified HTML reader to skip a newline following a `<br>` tag.
Otherwise the newline will be treated as a space at the beginning
of the next line.
@@ -5785,7 +5785,7 @@ pandoc (0.3) unstable; urgency=low
* Moved handling of "smart typography" from the writers to the Markdown
and LaTeX readers. This allows great simplification of the writers
and more accurate smart quotes, dashes, and ellipses. DocBook can
- now use '<quote>'. The '--smart' option now toggles an option in
+ now use `<quote>`. The '--smart' option now toggles an option in
the parser state rather than a writer option. Several new kinds
of inline elements have been added: Quoted, Ellipses, Apostrophe,